Loving God’s Children
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the Kingdom of heaven belongs (Matthew 19:14).
“Children are not the church of the future. They are the church of today.”
Children are welcome every Sunday morning, sometimes meeting in their own groups and sometimes in all-age worship services, and there are special events throughout the year for them.
We provide many crafts, readings, and learning projects to nourish their bright minds.
Just as with the adults, we want the children to:
- Find out more about God from the Bible.
- Know that God loves them and that God wants to be involved in their lives.
- Learn how to pray – both talking and listening to God.
- Grow in the ways of Jesus.
- Understand how they can serve God in this community and beyond.
- While doing this we want children to have fun and make friends!
Children & Church
Children of all ages are welcome to receive communion. When we baptize children, we welcome them into the Church family, just as they have been welcomed into our individual families. It takes time for children to understand the history and values of our church family, but they are learning all the time. We want children to learn how their Church family breaks bread and shares it, so as soon as your child has been baptized and is able to eat solid food, they are most welcome to receive Holy Communion. So please encourage them to receive it if they want to.